Over the time, all computer and PC systems suffer from a variable amount of slow-down. This is particularly true of the older operating systems like Microsoft Windows 95, 95 SE, 98 and ME.
Computer slowdown could be due to as I'm allready explain in Virus / Spywere:
Too much trial and shareware software installed and uninstalled (e.g. From magazine cover disks)
Excessive or unwanted memory resident application running at start up on your PC
Lack of free hard drive space for system tasks.
All of the above items can normally be minimised through regular maintenance checks occasionally, because of excessive infiltration. So a complete computer rebuild is the best way to eradicate annoyances such as PC system crashes and slow downs.
What do I mean by rebuild?
During a PC rebuild, I will carry out the following tasks:
1. Back up your personal data (This is a safety precaution)
2. Carry out physical maintenance of the computer i.e. remove dust from the inside of the case including cooling fans and heat sinks with High Performance
Thermal Compound Cooler Master for better performance, Case and refit all the parts ready to go.
3. Prepare the system hard drive by erasing everything on it with appropriate program to make sure no evidence or trace of bad cluster its been left on your hard drive to compromise the result.
4. Partition and reinstall your operating system.
5. Install all the latest hardware drivers and patches available from the manufacturers.
6. Apply software updates for the operating system and programmes to ensure secure, reliable running.
7. Also a Fully test of your computer system to make sure its working propely.
I would normally carry this out in my workshop and advise you of any replacement before I do the job and delivered to you at your premises as soon they work properly with no extra charges.